THE WRITER

My photo
I am tyra, a student of Uitm Segamat. I love to sing and currently a bathroom singer. I am the type of girl who constantly laugh and addicted to cadbury blackforest chocolate. I have a crazy dream and I spent most of my time dreaming and online ( i guess ).just simply word from me, love me or leave me :D

HOW TO MAKE A SUPERB INTRODUCTION PARAGRAPH


16/1/2013-Wednesday

Assalamualaikum…

Today, Miss Zu teach us on how to make introduction paragraph by using different hook. The Parts of the Introductory Paragraph consist of :

¨  The Hook - Designed to grab attention immediately and give some indication about the essay’s topic
¨  The Transition - Moves the reader from the hook to the driving force of the essay….
¨  The Thesis Statement - Makes the contract with the reader about what will be discussed without a blatant announcement.
¨  For your information there are variety types of hook which are:

1. Personal examples
2. Quotations
3. Facts or statistics
4. Rhetorical questions
5. Current events
6. Contrast to the thesis statement
7. Definition
8. Funnel / Broad to specific / general statements

Ana and I are going to put maybe 3 hook in our introduction paragraph. The hook that we are going to use are facts and statistics, rhetorical questions and quotations. I wish that all of us can make the superb thesis statement that can meet Miss Zu expectations, Insyaallah.

Until then,
Wassalam…


No comments:

Post a Comment